Episode 9 Show Notes
From the Show
Think of prayer just as talking. You’re talking to God. It’s not a thing. It’s not something on a checklist. It’s talking to the God who has chosen you and redeemed you and called you into union with his Son and is sanctifying you—one day he will glorify you. He has made a place for you in his kingdom, in his family. He has made you a coheir with his Son, of his whole inheritance. Talk to him—no matter what it is—whether it’s complaint or it’s joyful praise. God isn’t your judge. He’s your father, and his Son Jesus Christ is your elder brother who’s praying for you. Even when you aren’t praying, he’s praying for you! —Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Are there times when God doesn’t answer our prayers because we don’t have enough faith?
2. In Philippians 1:15-18 Paul seems to suggest that there are some people who preach with the wrong motives but it’s still a good thing because Christ is still preached. Does this apply to people who preach Christ but yet are confused about important doctrines?
3. Is having faith the same as being faithful?
4. What do you think about Christian youth group events like lock-ins? Do you think youth events like these are valuable for helping our kids feel connected to church?
5. In Philippians 2:12, Paul says “continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.” I hear this verse vaguely quoted here and there but was wondering, what does “working out” our salvation with fear and trembling look like? How do we do it?
6. I have been a Christian for over 40 years and have always struggled with prayer. I’m beginning to think that struggling to pray is part of battling the old sin nature that will go on until I die. What do you think? What hope or encouragement can you give to Christians who struggle to pray?
7. In Daniel chapter 10, there's a prince named Michael who the angel Gabriel calls “Daniel’s prince.” It seems from the context that Michael is an angel so is this passage saying that all believers have angels watching over them?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.