Episode 346 Show Notes
What Are the Signs of Demon Possession?
From the Show
So, Paul tells us in Ephesians 6 how to withstand the devil. We've heard this forever, you know, what are the pieces of armor that the soldier of Christ is to put on? Well, all those pieces are external to us. In other words, it's not our inner virtue, our inner sanctity, when Satan comes to us we say, “Well, you know, look how good I am.” No, Satan can penetrate all that armor. That's not armor, that's easy for him to get to. Put on the breastplate of righteousness, Paul says; the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. You can withstand Satan's assaults, not in your own power, but by reaching for the Word of God and Christ’s perfect righteousness to cover you. Believers, as I say, can be oppressed by Satan and his demons, but never possessed.
Questions in this Episode
1. How do you know if you are called to ministry?
2. Do you believe that Christians can be filled with the Spirit? If so, what does that look like?
3. What are the signs of a person who is demon possessed? If we come across a person who is demon possessed, what do you think we should do about it?
4. Does God use suffering to make us holy?
5. When Paul in 1 Corinthians 12 says that he will show them a more excellent way, is he talking about love? How does this relate to spiritual gifts?
What You Need to Know about the Devil’s Tricks
5 Things to Do to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit
Called to the Ministry by Edmund P. Clowney
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.