Episode 131 Show Notes
Can Those Who Fall Away From Christ Be Restored?
From the Show
Do you believe that anyone who falls away from Christ can be restored?
Anyone who is repentant can be restored to fellowship with the church, but some sins, in my opinion, would preclude an individual from serving in certain capacities in the church. For example, if a person had been convicted of child abuse and come to faith, repentance looks like not serving in the children's ministry. If your sin had to do with money, it's unwise to serve as the church treasurer. Restoration doesn't always mean let's stop being smart about the oversight and care of the church…. As long as the person is living, breathing, we never want to assume that they're beyond the grace of God. The gospel, the forgiveness of Jesus Christ, is powerful. And there are some things that we might think a person could never come back from, but God is able. That doesn't mean, however, we want to be foolish in how we care for the church and oversee the church. — Adriel Sanchez
Questions in this Episode
1. What are specific ways a pastor can watch over the "souls of the flock"?
2. What does "lead us not into temptation" mean?
3. Do you believe that anyone who falls away from Christ can be restored?
4. How do we look forward to the coming of Christ without falling into ‘Doom and Gloom’ about the present?
5. How does grace-alone salvation square away with passages about discipleship?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.