Episode 325 Show Notes
From the Show
If the apostle, who represents Christ, in infallible, inerrant Scripture says women cannot exercise authority in the church, meaning, as you say, pastor or elder, but he gives an example them teaching with their head covered, prophesying, under the authority of the elders then, if that’s what Scripture teaches, I can’t raise an objection to that. Scripture is the last word on this.
Questions in this Episode
1. There are a lot of objections to Christianity concerning the doctrine of hell. Is hell eternal like heaven and why would people who don't want to accept Christ go to eternal hell? I know what the Bible says, but how would you address this if someone asks you? I know that God doesn’t want anyone to go there but sometimes that doesn’t suffice as an answer to them. What do you guys think?
2. Should women teach in the church and in what capacity if so. I feel like I had a good understanding of this yet as of late am being questioned about this continually.
3. How was the Bible canonized?
4. Is it necessary for a Christian to believe that all the miracles in the Bible actually happened?
5. Why does Jesus seem to be so extreme in Matthew 5:29 when he suggests that we should tear out our own eye?
6. What should Christians be expecting living in the End Times?
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Devoted to God: Blueprints for Sanctification by Sinclair Ferguson
The Bible and The Future by Anthony Hoekema
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Episode 364 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions about using wine in communion, God creating evil, responding to church scandals, what it means to be...
Read these ancient hymn lines as you meditate upon the birth of Christ and what it meant for the world.
Episode 314 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions about his hope for the church, Leviticus 18 and homosexuality, the Trinity, and Jesus’ return at...