Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?
From the Show
What is the best way to gain victory over Satan?
Michael Horton – "Sometimes the devil really has us over a barrel, laughing all the way to the bank, when we spend so much time focusing on demons and hexes, all of these things, when really Satan's greatest time is spent on trying to lead the church into subtle distortions of the truth of the gospel.”
Adriel Sanchez- “He wants to take our eyes off of Jesus. Think about what John said in 1 John, ‘The spirit of the antichrist is in the world already,’ right now.”
Michael Horton – “Absolutely. We're not talking about ouija boards here, ‘Okay, here, have fun [playing] with this.’ No, I’m not talking about stepping over the line and playing with the demonic world. But we are saying this: if you go to a church where you don't hear the gospel preached, that's where Satan reigns."
Questions in this Episode
1. What do you think about celebrating Halloween? Do you think there are real dangers?
2. In Galatians 5 Paul lists sorcery as a work of the flesh. Do you think that is an issue today?
3. Do demons and Spirits have dominion over regions?
4. What is the origin of Halloween?
5. Do you think Demons still possess people today? Can you recommend any resources on demon possession?
6. What is the best way to gain victory over Satan?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.