Episode 251 Show Notes
Did Old Testament Believers Have the Holy Spirit?
From the Show
Were Old Testament believers indwelt by the Spirit in the same way that New Testament believers were?
[Before Pentecost] the Holy Spirit is with the disciples, but after Pentecost he will be in the disciples. Every member of Christ, every believer, is going to be a living stone indwelled by the Holy Spirit just as the Holy Spirit used to enter the temple. That is the most exciting thing next to our forgiveness of sins I can imagine. All believers share in this. In Ephesians 4, Paul makes it very clear that we all share in one word, one faith, one baptism, by one Spirit into Christ. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Were Old Testament believers indwelt by the Spirit in the same way that New Testament believers were? If not, what is the difference between then and now?
2. What are helpful ways to talk to people who have left the faith?
3. Can you help me understand what Paul means in Colossians 1:24, where he says that his suffering is filling up what is lacking in Christ's affliction?
4. I'm worried about sins that I don't recognize that I'm committing. How can we get forgiveness from those kinds of sins and learn to recognize when we are committing them?
5. I’m confused about Matthew 3 where it says that Jesus would baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire. It sounds like fire is either a judgment or purification. Can you explain your view on this?
6. If a person denies that the Bible is inerrant does that prove they are not really a Christian?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.