Episode 386 Show Notes
From the Show
The blood of Able cried out for vengeance, but the blood of Christ cries out for forgiveness. What better foretaste can we have of heaven now, then to be already in the presence of the angels and the dear saints who have gone before us when we gather for worship with our brothers and sisters who are living now?
Questions in this Episode
1. Hi Mike and Adriel. I would like to know to what extent the Old Testament laws still apply to us today. Would you say that only the 10 commandments apply; or would you also say that other laws apply?
2. Hi Mike and Adriel. I have a question about how to navigate a mental health situation. For years I have struggled with anxiety and depression and was told that it was just a spiritual issue. But after being encouraged by a friend to see a psychologist I was diagnosed with PTSD and now my psychologist is recommending talk therapy to work though some trauma I experienced in college. What are your thoughts about this? Does my faith have anything to say about it?
3. Do people in heaven or hell know what people on earth are doing?
4. What would you say really helps in pursuing holiness? Does guilting help; or should we only use the gospel to motivate people?
5. In Ephesians 5 Paul says that Christians should be submitted to one another. What does that look like in practice? How do leaders in the church, for example, submit to the people they lead; or is Paul making a different point?
Putting Amazing Back into Grace: Embracing the Heart of the Gospel by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.