Episode 403 Show Notes
From the Show
I was thinking about when Paul in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. When he talks about the offices in the church that are going to continue throughout the ages, he talks about elders and deacons.
Questions in this Episode
1. In Genesis 1:26 says that Adam was to “have dominion over creation.” How does this relate to stewardship of creation? Does this verse give us reason to be concerned about things like pollution and the possibility of climate change?
2. My dad became a Jehovah witness what is the best way to deal with this?
3. Why do many Christian people today not believe in prophets and apostles when Ephesians 4 seems to teach that these things will remain until the unity of the faith? And this hasn’t happened today with all the doctrinal division in the church.
4. I'm looking for a Bible based church and I noticed that they each use a different translation. Which is the best? And is there a denomination that teaches the Bible verse by verse?
5. Hi Mike and Adriel I have a question about Mark 4:12 where Jesus seems to suggest that he was teaching in parables so that people would not understand. I thought Jesus taught in parables because parables made it easier to understand his point. Thanks.
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
In Ephesians 5:18–21, Paul encouraged the church to avoid being drunk with wine and instead seek the filling of the Spirit. When the Holy Spirit...