Episode 17 Show Notes
From the Show
Does God still heal today? Should we pray for healing?
Think of the way that Jesus healed the blind man. He could have just snapped his fingers and, you know, but instead he spits into a handful of dirt, turns it into mud and puts it on the guy's eyes- that seems crazy to us, no, not when you realize the one doing that is the creator of the dust. CS Lewis once said, “God loves matter, he invented it.” God is the Creator. Jesus Christ is the one by whom he created the heavens and the earth. And so here he is now taking a piece of His creation and healing through it. —Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. In Matthew 11:30 Jesus says, “for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” If this is true, then why does the Christian life feel so hard most of the time?
2. What do you think is most important about fulfilling the Great Commission?
3. The book of Ruth tends to get read a lot more by women at my church. Why do you think that is and what do you think men can learn from the book of Ruth?
4. What do you think of the view that the atonement isn’t about substitution but Jesus’ victory over sin and death?
5. Does God still heal today? Should we pray for healing?
6. Can you explain Mark 9 where Jesus says, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power”?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.