Episode 629 Show Notes
From the Show
We are going to have our works examined and we will be commended for the good that we have done. The bible talks about the Lord giving rewards to his people, even though we don’t know what those rewards will look like, we know that God is going to commend us. And we know that when we have faith in Christ that we will not nor ever will be condemned.
Questions in this Episode
- 1. How do you explain the doctrine of the Trinity to young children? My kids understand that Jesus is God but have a hard time understanding the idea of other persons in the identity of God.
- 2. Do we have to keep forgiving someone who keeps sinning against us?
- 3. Jesus say He will send the Holy Spirit after He went to the Father. But in John 20:22 Jesus say to His disciples, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” But in Acts it look like the day of the Pentecost was the first indwelling of the Holy Spirit into believer. How can you understand these two event without contradiction?
- 4. In the Apostle’s Creed, it says that Jesus descended into hell. If Christ took the punishment of man on the cross, why did he have to “descend” into hell?
- 5. How do you understand the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- 6. In Ephesians 2:8 it says that we are not judged by our works, but by the blood of Jesus. However, in 2 Corinthians 5:10, Paul says that we will be judged by our works. I know that we are ultimately saved by the grace of God but this is confusing to me.
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton