Episode 148 Show Notes
How Could Jesus Be Tempted Like Us?
From the Show
Should Christians be obligated to support Christian art?
If I have the choice between two doctors, for example, one who has been trained and has years and years of experience, and another one who says, “I'm a Christian, but, you know, I haven't really been doing this very long,” I'm probably going to pick the first one because I want a good doctor…we're not obligated to support someone's art or music just because they are a believer. But we are called as Christians to seek to do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. So, we do support each other in other ways, don't we? — Adriel Sanchez
Absolutely. And that's why we are obligated to come together as the body of Christ and the church, even if it's not done with the kind of excellence that we’re used to out in the world, but we're not obligated at all to patronize a Christian butcher, barber, or Christian sushi-maker. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. James 1:13 says that God can't be tempted. Yet Hebrews teaches that Jesus was tempted. How was Jesus tempted?
2. Is having 'faith' a work?
3. Were saints in the Old Covenant saved apart from the work of the Holy Spirit?
4. Should Christians be obligated to support Christian art?
5. Do you believe in new birth or being born again?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.