Episode 331 Show Notes
From the Show
Single people in the church are a huge treasure because they often have time to give that they wouldn’t have if they had their own families to look after.
Questions in this Episode
1. What do we say about Christians who tend to focus on the cross more than the resurrection? Shouldn’t Christians emphasize the resurrection over the cross?
2. What is a good place to start in the study of theology. I don't have a background in it but I'm curious to learn and study the Bible.
3. When the Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God, does this mean the same thing as saying Jesus is God?
4. How do we explain to unbeliever that Jesus already defeated Satan but we as Christians still battle with our sin and the power of the world? Can you explain this?
5. I have a question about the gift of singleness. How do you know if you have that gift? I have been thinking about going into ministry and have been taking to heart what Paul said that it is easier to serve God if you stay single, but several people at my church think this is strange and have really pressured me to pursue marriage especially as someone who wants to become a pastor or missionary.
Pilgrim Theology: Core Doctrines for Christian Disciples by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.