Episode 764 Show Notes
From the Show
All of Scripture does lead us to Christ in its proper context. We have to understand the original passages in the Old Testament according to their context, their place in redemptive history, and how they ultimately lead us to Christ and his gospel.
Questions in this Episode
- If we are going to be resurrected before we go to heaven, where are the people who have already died? Are they just waiting to go to heaven?
- Can you define “election,” and why would we carry out the Great Commission if we know that there are some people who are not “elected”?
- We know some Old Testament scriptures symbolically foretell Jesus and his ministry. But is it possible to read too much into these parallels?
- Is the 10% tithe still required today?
- In the Bible, there are scriptures that often suggest that monuments are “still standing today.” Does that mean these things are still standing in our day or when the scriptures were written?
- Can our names be blotted out of the Book of Life?
- In Luke, 22 and 23, Jesus is taken before the assembly. When he is asked “are you the son of God?” He doesn’t say, “Yes.” Instead, he responds with “you say that I am?” Why does he do that?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God’s Story by Dr. Michael Horton