Episode 273 Show Notes
From the Show
The Bible consists of two words, law and gospel. Everything in the Bible can be summed up under these two words. The law is one-word God speaks to tell us what he expects of us and showing us how far we fall short of the glory of God. The gospel is everything in the Bible from Genesis to revelation that tells us what God has done in order to save us from the condemnation our sins deserve. So the law says “do,” and the gospel says, “done.”
— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I wanted to follow up on a question on politics and religion. I know that there can be different interpretations of the Bible for example immigration in the United States. How do we take an approach to that in a way that makes sure that we ground ourselves in our religion but at the same time at what point do we bring the two together? I know people who separate the two while others who bring both together. I wanted to get your perspective on that.
2. What do you guys think about apostolic succession? How do you understand Mat 16:18? “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
3. What does it mean when they say that we are justified by faith? I think I understand what it means to have faith but I’m wondering what it means to be justified.
4. What is the sin that leads to death? Are there degrees of sin that do not lead to death?
- Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez Should Christians Engage in Politics?
- Silverio Gonzalez What is True, Saving Faith
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.