Episode 371 Show Notes
From the Show
God uses his word to save people. So, I think we have to keep on speaking the truth to Jehovah's Witnesses. Any opportunity I get, we got to focus on the gospel. Jehovah's Witnesses don't have the gospel. They're trapped in a system of works righteousness and they don't understand how the deity of Jesus is integral to the gospel. Only the God-man could atone for the sins of humanity.
Questions in this Episode
1. When Jesus went to Jerusalem to be crucified, why didn't Jesus and the apostles bring something for a sacrifice?
2. I was just listening to you and heard you talk about Psalms in Hebrew in order to witness to Jehovah's Witness. It's funny because I just had a Jehovah's Witnesses at my door today and we discussed many things. I was wondering what can I point to help show them the truth of the Gospel and of Revelation and of Jesus Christ? I very much enjoyed speaking with them and I know that they will come back and it would like to be more prepared.
3. What's the predominant thing I need to understand about the Prophets in the Bible?
4. Is there any danger in the idea of focusing too much on our justification?
5. What did Jesus mean when he said, “Whoever believes in me as the scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water”?
Journeys with Jesus: Every Path in the Bible Leads Us to Christ by Dennis Johnson
Putting Amazing Back into Grace: Embracing the Heart of the Gospel by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.