Episode 394 Show Notes
From the Show
Jesus bore the curse of sin and death for us in our place. We could never bear the brunt of God's righteous wrath against sin, but Jesus is the spotless Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. We don't take up that cross, Jesus took up that cross, and he did it alone.
— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. In Mark 8:34-38, when Jesus calls his disciples to take up their cross, is this about our discipleship? Can you explain what Jesus means by this?
2. How was it that the Bible was written 75 years after Christ died? How exactly is that explained?
3. Is it true the Constantine changed the day of worship to Sunday? If so, is it wrong to go to church on Sunday and not Saturday?
4. What do you say to a fellow believer who seems to be ashamed of the Gospel?
5. Is Isaiah 7:14 truly a prophesy about Mary & Jesus? Ive heard that the word “virgin” was translated incorrectly and this verse shouldn’t be used as a prophesy about the birth of Jesus.
6. Is love the most important teaching in the Bible?
Journeys with Jesus: Every Path in the Bible Leads Us to Christ by Dennis Johnson
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Episode 438 | Pastor Adriel Sanchez and Dr. Bill Maier answer questions about anxiety over raising children to trust God, predestination, losing your salvation, the difficulty of...
Episode 437 | Pastor Adriel Sanchez and Dr. Bill Maier answer questions about praying in the Spirit, witnessing to Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses, worrying about eternity, whether...