Episode 37 Show Notes
What's the Difference Between Our Spiritual Body and Physical Body?
From the Show
What is the difference between the spiritual body in 1 Corinthians 15 and the physical body we now possess?
When Paul therefore says "For this mortal body must put on immortality." He's not saying “for this mortal body must be exchanged for an immortal body.” He said, “No, this same body that is mortal now must put on immortality.” That's what it is to have a spiritual body. It's a different condition, not a different body. It's spiritual not in the sense that it's no longer physical but in the sense that it's no longer subject to decay and death to temptation and sin to sorrow and suffering in other words will be just like Jesus.— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. What does Paul mean in Ephesians 5 when he says that Christians should be submitted to one another? What does that look like?
2. John 16:22 says, “So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.” In this time in life it feels like my joy has been taken from me. How can I find joy even though right now, life feels so hard?
3. What is the difference between the spiritual body in 1 Corinthians 15 and the physical body we now possess?
4. In the parable of the prodigal son, is the Father supposed to be a picture of God?
5. In Ephesians 4 Paul speaks again and again about Christ being the head of his body, the church. What does Paul mean by this?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.