Episode 98 Show Notes
How Should We Understand The Transfiguration?
From the Show
What do you think of the saying, "Preach the gospel always and if necessary use words"?
"The law commands things to be done; the gospel announces what God has done in spite of our failure to do what the law says. The announcement that he, for the sake of Christ has accomplished everything for our salvation. So, it's a category mistake to talk about “Living the Gospel.” The law tells us how to live and it tells us that we haven't- it tells us that we failed. But the gospel is, in spite of that, that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God,” Jesus Christ was crucified for our sins and was raised for our justification. So, we are righteous in Christ because his righteousness is credited to us. That's the gospel. If anybody wants to know whether I'm the gospel, just shove me aside and ask my wife. I'm not the gospel!"— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Is it okay for a Christian to practice yoga?
2. Ephesians 1 says that Jesus has a plan to unite all things to himself. Will this include all people, even people in hell?
3. What is the difference between being predestined for adoption and predestination in general?
4. If Jesus was God, why did he not want to go to the cross while in the garden of Gethsemane?
5. Do churches determine the appropriate ways of spending the offering that they receive?
6. What do you think of the saying, "Preach the gospel always and if necessary use words"?
7. What happened at Christ's transfiguration?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.