Episode 399 Show Notes
From the Show
Like Jesus you and I are going to have glorified bodies. In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul talked about how Jesus is the firstfruits of the resurrection. You and i are the rest of the crop, to stick with the analogy. And that final resurrection, when all of God's people are raised incorruptible, will happen at Jesus' appearance.
Questions in this Episode
1. How do you understand Ecclesiastes 5:19–20? “For he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart”?
2. I have a friend and he is convinced that religion is just a tool to control people, and I have to admit that sometimes religion, especially false teaching, has been used to control people. How do we talk to people about this in a way that shows them that even though Christianity has been abused it’s still true?
3. Is there Scripture to back up the fact that someone cannot lose their salvation? This seems to be something that I hear a lot. I don’t think we can lose our salvation after we had a heart experience with Jesus. Also, I am dealing with a person who thinks that we are God’s puppets. Can you touch on these two things?
4. 1 John 3:2 says, “Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.” How do you understand this? How will we be like Jesus when he appears?
5. Jesus said that the world would be able to recognize us as his disciples by our love. I don’t see much of this today. Can you explain why that might be? What are we failing to do as the church to attain to what Jesus thinks is supposed to be a basic mark of a true Christian?
For Calvinism by Michael Horton
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.