Episode 342 Show Notes
From the Show
God became human, veiled in our humanity so that we can see him, touch him, hear him, look upon the face of God and not be destroyed but instead be saved. That is what is important about Christmas.
Questions in this Episode
1. If Christ wasn't born on December 25, why do Christians celebrate Christmas? Jesus never told us to celebrate Christmas. Since these are things that are lies, are Christians promoting lies?
2. I know Christmas is extremely commercialized and focuses more on getting gifts over the birth of Christ. My husband and I are very intentional about keeping Christ in Christmas when we celebrate with our kids. But I’m just wondering, am I sending mixed signals if I take my kids to see Santa?
3. What does it mean in 2 Corinthians when it says, “we used to regard Christ according to the flesh”? Is it saying that we shouldn’t be thinking about the human nature of Jesus after his resurrection?
4. How does the Gospel apply to someone who has been a victim of domestic violence?
5. How do we deal with sinful immaturity in the Church?
A Better Way: Rediscovering the Drama of God-Centered Worship by Michael Horton
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.