Episode 431 Show Notes
Note: In today's show, we announced an upcoming change to our show. Read more about it here.
From the Show
I think our handwashing and social distancing is a way of loving our neighbors but it’s also a way of not testing God in this time. Now when we think about the promises we see in Scripture, we have to be careful that we don’t just apply them to ourselves directly as though we are the primary audience. The promises of blessings for obedience and supernatural protection—those were given to Israel under the old covenant, but we can’t just read those passages and apply them directly to us, which is not to say that they don’t apply to us in another sense. They apply to us through Jesus Christ.
Questions in this Episode
1. With the current virus, am I comprising my faith in God by following the earthly rules such as washing my hands, 6 foot social rule etc. Since the bible has many examples of God telling us to have faith in him and he will protect us such as Isaiah 41:10. I am struggling with faith in God and fear of the unknown. Should I carry on with life or is there a delicate balance between faith and common sense?
2. Is it okay for Christians to practice yoga if you are doing it for the physical aspect and not the spiritual aspect?
3. I’m really confused about how Jesus can be both God and the son of God. Isn’t this a contradiction?
4. Why does Christianity make me so sad and miserable all the time? I pray all the time. Maybe my name is not in the book of life and nothing is registering. Are there going to be a lot of people who want to be Christians and God will not allow it?
5. I’m reading Matthew 12:31–32 if you can explain that, that would be great.
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.