Episode 196 Show Notes
If Hitler Accepted Christ on His Last Day, Would He Be Accepted into Heaven?
From the Show
If Hitler accepted Christ on his last day, would he be accepted into heaven?
The thief on the cross didn't have any time to show the fruit of his faith in good works, but he repented and he trusted in Christ; he turned away from everything that he had accomplished, everything that he had done, he turned away from his sins, he turned away from his righteousness and looked to Jesus Christ alone for salvation. Now, I'm not the judge of what God is doing in people's hearts, but it's hard for me to believe that Adolf Hitler was in the middle of repenting and trusting in Christ as he was taking a cyanide pill to avoid the arm of justice. As a principle, I want to say, on the basis of God's Word, anyone, “whosoever,” calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. But, there is repentance and faith. Not yet good works that flow from it, necessarily, but there is repentance and genuine faith. We are justified and all who are declared righteous are already being sanctified. So, we can say with the thief on the cross that he was already beginning in his heart to want to do good works and lament the fact that now he's about to die, and he can't live for Jesus, but he can be with him in paradise that day. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. How do you understand James 5, where it says, “confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed"?
2. In Ezekiel 28:13, who is the King of Tyre? In the past, it was explained to me that it is Satan but now that is not making sense.
3. What does it mean in 1 Peter 3, where it says that wives should be subject to their husbands?
4. If Hitler accepted Christ on his last day would he be accepted into heaven?
5. I know that the Bible says that Jesus conquered sin and death, what I struggle with is why God still allows suffering and even death to happen to faithful Christians. How does this work?
6. Can we ask God to give us a sign that he is going to answer our prayers either as a yes or a no?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.