Episode 424 Show Notes
Note: We recently announced a change to our show. Read more about it here.
From the Show
What you need to do, is look to Jesus. When we have failed, when we have fallen, instead of looking inside, we have to look outside to Christ, the one who has saved us, the one who has accomplished redemption in our behalf. So, my encouragement to you, brother, if you’re wrestling with this right now, if you’re wondering if there is mercy and grace for me, look up. Look up to Jesus and know that there is mercy and grace for you.
Questions in this Episode
1. What do you do with Jesus’ call to take up our cross? It seems to me that Jesus is saying that a person should be willing to die for their faith. How would you encourage someone like me that still struggles with the same sins? I don’t feel like I can honestly say that I would be willing to take up my cross because I can’t even deal with the same sins I keep going back to.
2. Jesus taught that we should forgive a brother 70 times 7. But in the parable of the sower he also taught that people could fall away, and Hebrews 6 says that a person who has fallen away can't come back because that would be the same as crucifying Christ twice. I need some clarification of this because I am one of those backsliders that failed the temptation and if I can’t repent and come back to the Lord, I’m in a heck of a mess.
3. I have a friend who believes in soul sleep I have tried to take him to certain passages like Philippians 1 and 2 Corinthians 4 and 5 but he keep telling me that these are talking about the resurrection and not the time between death and resurrection. I was wondering what your thoughts are on that.
4. How should I rightly understand the Sermon on The Mount?
5. I hear you talk about generational curses and how those don’t exist anymore I was just curious if there is a distinction for propensity for certain sins over a curse? For example, can a person have propensity for alcoholism that is maybe handed down even though it’s not a curse?
Devoted to God: Blueprints for Sanctification by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.