Episode 323 Show Notes
From the Show
There are statistics on this. It’s horrible. It can swallow people up, but your right. It’s a wisdom issue.If a Christians says, “I’m going to spend fifty dollars. I'm just going to have fun.” That’s like spending fifty dollars to go to a football game or a movie. I’m setting that limit. That’s different, I think, from someone who says, “I don’t believe in God’s providing for me and I’m going to gamble because I want to win. I don’t trust in the Lord to provide for my needs.
Questions in this Episode
1. Jesus said take my yoke upon me and that it's easy. How do we do that? How can we do that?
2. All my co-workers are going to Las Vegas for the weekend and invited me. I want to go to get to know them better but am not sure if gambling just for fun is a sin? Is it still sinful if I'm not addicted to it?
3. What does it mean that Jesus is “the Word made flesh”?
4. What does it look like for the older women to disciple the younger women in the church?
5. What is the most important part of sharing your testimony?
6. Is Jeremiah 23:5 a prophesy about Jesus Christ?
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Knowing God by J. I. Packer
Honest Evangelism by Rico Tice
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.