Episode 412 Show Notes
From the Show
Women have incredible gifts, often, incredible training that is equal to or better than a lot of men. Then they have a child and they want to be a mom and they realize that there are a lot of things to negotiate there. I'm just saying, in some cases, the person who says they want to be a mom and gets pregnant and has a child, that's your first calling.
Questions in this Episode
1. How does Paul use the terms flesh and spirit in the book of Romans? Is he talking about material and ontology or is he talking about something else? And if it’s not something that is material, do we still have a sin nature after we have been regenerated by Christ?
2. Can you explain what eternal subordination of the son (was) is and what the implications of this error are? Thanks.
3. My husband and I just found out we are pregnant (praise God!). There are other young mothers in the office where I work that continue to work while raising a family. In our church, however, there are very few, if any, working mothers. My husband and I have decided that I will not continue with my outside job once the baby comes, but because it is not the "social norm" in my office, I already know my boss will not be understanding when I break the news. Could you provide some Biblical references on what God says should be the right reaction to this decision and how to have that tough conversation with my employer (a devout Catholic) when the time comes?
4. I have been through two church splits over doctrine. John 17 seems to make unity really important. What do you think about this?
5. Can you explain the parable of the 10 virgins? I have heard it taught as the difference being works or love or Holy Spirit.
Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God's Work by Timothy Keller
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.