Episode 315 Show Notes
From the Show
Joseph clearly sinned by pretending to be a magician. But it was a façade he thought was necessary in order to pull off this test.
Questions in this Episode
1. I know as Christians we are supposed to distinguish between primary and secondary doctrine, matters to salvation and other areas. Talking to my friends One of those areas is homosexuality. While I don’t want to make that it’s not a primary issue it definitely has connecting tissue to primary issues. My question is how do we speak to this? When do I make the distinction on how to speak to someone who is wrong about something like homosexuality?
2. At what point do we consider someone a heretic as opposed to identifying their teachings as heresy? If one teaches a salvation that requires works?
3. I know you value worship on Sunday but what do you think about youth groups who miss church because of weekend retreats or recreational activities? Should we expect the youth to worship with the adults?
4. In Genesis 44, Joseph tells his servant to put the cup in Benjamin's sack. What's the meaning of Joseph using the cup for divination? How should we look at Joseph given what Scripture says about divination elsewhere?
5. Should Christians share their faith even when they don’t know a lot, or should they wait until they first are taught in like a Sunday School class?
6. In John 14:15–17 it talks about the Holy Spirit as our helper. What does it look like for the Holy Spirit to be our helper?
10 Things You Need to Know About the Bible and Homosexuality by Michael Horton
Honest Evangelism by Rico Tice
The Gospel Commission: Recovering God's Strategy for Making Disciples by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.