Episode 752 Show Notes
From the Show
The fact that Paul says, “I want to depart and be with Christ,” indicates that he knows that when he dies he’s not going to enter into some kind of soul-sleep. He knows that he’s going to be, as he said in 2nd Corinthians 5, “in the presence of the Lord.”
Questions in this Episode
- In regards to the 2nd Commandment, I understand that it prohibits us from making images of God the Father. But is it wrong for us to imagine and image of God if the Bible visually describes him?
- My sister believes in soul-sleep. I wanted to share some scriptures with her to tell her that our family members that have died are in heaven now. What are some scriptures you would point me to?
- Over the 4th of July weekend I went to a church service where they did an American flag salute. I told my pastor about this and he said he doesn’t want to include the American flag in our church services. What do you think about including flags and political statements in our church services?
- I have noticed that Abraham often practices deceit in his life as it is recorded in Genesis. Why do you think he did this?
- I have been a Christian all my life. I am now in my forties and I’ve been dealing with a long illness that has caused anxiety and depression. I’ve been through many tragedies and other illnesses in my life, but this has caused me to feel such an absence of God and His promises. How do I experience God’s presence and the comfort of his promises without these feelings and comfort? Why does God draw himself from people for so long and let them fend for themselves?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.