Episode 3 Show Notes
From the Show
Christ has credited, or gifted, his righteousness to us, so we’re not only forgiven, we’re righteous, we have all of the credit we need before God, as it were. So now we can stop holding grudges and we can love those who don’t love us because we’re not looking for credit, we’re not looking to be made whole. We are made whole by God in Jesus Christ. So, having been forgiven much, we can love much. Because we have our wholeness, our credit, our affirmation, our justification from God himself we don’t need to look for it from each other. Remember, God loved us and Christ died for us while we were still enemies (Romans 5:8). And so we can only love in this way because of the Holy Spirit who indwells us and unites us to Christ, who is our source of forgiveness and justification even when we do commit the same sins over and over. —Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Why don’t more Christians celebrate Pentecost? Should we celebrate Pentecost?
2. Are we required to show people grace when they sin, even when it's the same sins over and over and they don’t seem to ever repent?
3. What is the social gospel? Do you see it being revived today? If so, what should we do about that?
4. What is the difference between the Old Covenant and New Covenant? Do they have different ways of salvation?
5. Is the Lord’s supper really the body and blood of Jesus?
6. In 2 Corinthians 5:21, what does it mean that Christ became sin? Does this mean Christ didn’t stay sinless?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.