Episode 389 Show Notes
From the Show
Who am I to be self righteous towards others, when only the righteousness of Christ is what keeps me from the jaws of hell?
Questions in this Episode
1. If Christians are supposed to follow Christ and do as he did, why is it that so many Christians stop short of the full demands of love? Why don’t more people commit to live humble lives for Christ? We are so materialistic and worldly and we have so much stuff. Shouldn’t we be like the early church that had everything in common and give most of what we have to the poor? I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
2. In Matthew Jesus says to be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. 20 years ago I was only baptized in the name of Jesus. Do I need to get rebaptized? Does this have an effect on my Christian life?
3. In Acts 8 it says, “And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing. But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he preached the gospel to all the towns until he came to Caesarea.” When it says the Spirit of the Lord carried him away, what does that mean? Was he teleported or just directed to leave?
4. Loving the show, you guys are awesome. Can you share with us your favorite parables and tell us what you like about them?
5. Does Deuteronomy 26 where it talks about welcoming the stranger apply to us today or has this command passed away with the Old Covenant? How would Christians or churches put this into practice?
Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God's Work by Timothy Keller
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.