Episode 592 Show Notes
From the Show
The best kind of evangelism is the kind that you’re actually doing. Sadly, we can talk about what the best way to evangelize is, but never do it. However, we do need to get to the point in our evangelism where we care for people as persons, not as projects. We should share our faith with people because we love them.
Questions in this Episode
- 1. In 1 Peter 4:6 it says, “For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.” As far as I understand, there is no opportunity for salvation once people have died, but in the passage above, what does it mean that the “gospel was preached to those who are even dead”?
2. Do you think it is right for the church to pay pastors? Wouldn’t it be better for pastors to earn their living at a job rather than asking other people to support them? Isn’t this just using God’s name to guilt people and take advantage of them?
3. Why do some Bibles have more books in them than other ones? Who decided that those other books, the Apocrypha, shouldn’t be in some Bibles?
4. What makes the prosperity gospel so bad? Why wouldn’t I want God’s blessings in my life?
5. I was driving to Las Vegas and saw a couple of billboards that said, “Jesus saves, repent, the end is coming,” etc. Is this really an effective way to share our faith?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Honest Evangelism by Rico Tice