Episode 52 Show Notes
Serving Christ in a Post-Christian Culture
From the Show
What should the church do about living in a Post-Christian culture?
Enough of the handwringing. A lot of our churches just watch the news every day and then come to the pulpit with handwringing- 'oh, it's just horrible, everything's going downhill, and we've got to save America, etc.’ That isn't the church’s job. The church's job is to proclaim the gospel. That is the purpose of the church, to be a loving, caring fellowship. We don't point our fingers outside of the church to all the evils of non-Christians, but we actually correct those of us in our own midst. When the world sees that, not a bunch of people bellyaching, they will see the closest thing they will come to in terms of the Kingdom of God. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Does God sometimes distance himself from us to increase our faith?
2. If Paul says we are saved by grace in Ephesians, what does he means when he says that we are destined to perform good works?
3. What should the church do about living in a Post-Christian culture?
4. What is your favorite New Testament book and why?
5. Why do we still have so many unanswered questions about God and the Bible?
6. What do you find most attractive about belief in Jesus?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.