Episode 141 Show Notes
Should Christians Avoid Technology?
From the Show
The Lord stopped technological advances in the past, why isn’t he stopping it now?
On one hand, you have the fact that were created in God's image; we're powerful, we're creative, we're really amazing creatures- we’re like God. But we've chosen not to be like God, as rebels against God's goodness we forget that all of this that we have, our reasoning and creative abilities, all of this is his gift meant to be used to reflect His glory. So our takeaway from our wondrous creation is that we're gods. In fact, God, ourselves, capable of creating the world from scratch. — Michael Horton
God is going to judge the world, but right now we're in this age of grace where he's extending the opportunity for repentance to humanity. You think about Peter’s words in 2nd Peter where he talks about the final judgment…He says, look, God isn't slow concerning His promise. He's long suffering towards you, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to the knowledge of truth to repentance. And that's what God is doing right now. — Adriel Sanchez
Questions in this Episode
1. Do you have any practical suggestions to get in the word daily?
2. The Lord stopped technological advances in the past, why isn’t he stopping it now?
3. I was recently part of an accountability group that turned out to be a time where people just talked about their sin over and over. It has become a burden to confess the same sins every week. Is this what an accountability group is supposed to do?
4. What do you think people really fail to understand about who Jesus is?
5. Why has the church moved away from spiritual discipline in recent years under the guise of fear of legalism?
6. Should we expect to see signs, wonders, and miracles today?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.