Episode 468 Show Notes
From the Show
Look at a passage of Scripture like Isaiah chapter 1, beginning in verse 12. This is God rebuking Israel for her religious hypocrisy…And part of the sin was not crying out for justice on behalf of those who were oppressed.
Questions in this Episode
1. I’m a 77-year-old Christian lady, and I didn’t notice it for years, but my social security number has a 666 number. That has really troubled me a lot. Could you explain what you think that might mean for me, and what I can do about it?
2. It seems like many churches today are program and evangelism driven, with good intentions, but seem to lack theological and biblical depth. And others are theologically and biblically sound but lack outreach. What place should programs and evangelistic outreaches serve in the local church?
3. Should Christians become involved in peaceful protests?
4. Are there any texts I can refer to that point to the Christ as being from above who came down as deity clothed in the flesh? I have a half brother who is a Hasidic Jew, and I think this would be helpful in discussing Jesus Christ with him.
5. Wouldn’t holding up the physical authors of the Bible as holier than ordinary Christians be a form of idolatry? And if yes, wouldn’t the Catholic church’s position that the Pope is a conduit to God be similar because they think he can be something that we cannot?
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.