Episode 103 Show Notes
Understanding the Sign of Jonah
From the Show
How do you understand Matthew 12:28 where Jesus says, "If I cast out demons by the spirit of God, then the kingdom has come’?”
[God’s] kingdom isn't something that we can bring into being. Jesus also said you can't point to it and say, “Oh, there it is, that's its capital over there.” Only the king can create his realm and Jesus does this all along the way in his ministry and casting out demons is a really big part of that. See, Satan put his whole kingdom on high alert- go back to the promise that God made to Adam and Eve, that he would send the Messiah who would crush the serpent's head. Satan has been doing everything in his power to intercept the Messianic Seed. That's really the story behind the story throughout the Bible, but now the Messiah is here and the demons come out of the woodwork. They're all on the battlefield. By casting them out, Jesus is erecting his empire. He's cleansing His holy land, his body, the church, of all that defiles. The holy wars of the Old Testament when under Joshua God drove out the enemies from the land was just a sneak preview of Jesus’ ministry. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. What is Abraham's bosom?
2. What did Paul mean about head coverings in 1 Corinthians 11? Does this apply to us today?
3. Was Peter a true Christian when he denied Jesus 3 times?
4. What does Paul mean in 1 Cor. 14 that speaking in tongues builds up the person who speaks with tongues?
5. Are the seeds of Abraham from Genesis 12 the same things spoken of in Galatians 3?
6. How do you understand Matthew 12:28 where Jesus says, “If I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom has come”?
7. What is the sign of Jonah?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.