Episode 29 Show Notes
From the Show
Jeremiah 29:13 says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” I feel like I have been seeking God with all my heart, yet I still feel so far from him. What advice do you have for seeking God?
“Romans 10, verses 5 through 11, ‘For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them.’ Okay, that's the covenant that Israel swore before God at Mount Sinai with Moses as the mediator. That's the righteousness based on the law, ‘But the righteousness based on faith,’ that's the covenant we belong to with Christ as the mediator, says, ‘Do not say in your heart, “Who will ascend into heaven?” (that is, to bring Christ down) or “Who will descend into the abyss?” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).’ In other words, don't dive into yourself to try to find resources- ‘follow these 10 steps to the victorious Christian life,’ etc. No, you don't have to pull Christ out of heaven or go into the depths as if you were digging him up, as it were.
‘But what does it say?’ Paul adds, “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."' And that’s for you." — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Did Jesus destroy the expectations of those awaiting the Messiah?
2. If Jesus is God, then why does the Bible call Jesus the Son of God?
3. Jeremiah 29:13 says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” I feel like I have been seeking God with all my heart, yet I still feel so far from him. What advice do you have for seeking God?
4. How do you find the motivation to pray?
5. What does Paul mean in Romans 6 when he says to not let sin reign in your mortal body?
6. How do you know if you are the kind of person who should seek the restoration of people who fall away?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.