Episode 92 Show Notes
What Happened When Jesus Died on the Cross?
From the Show
The main thing all of us should be looking forward to is the resurrection of the body, that we are going to not just pick up where we left off but we’re going to enter into the everlasting new creation that Jesus Christ has pioneered for us, and we will be like him.—Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I have a question about the resurrection of the saints in Matthew 27:51–54. What does the Bible mean here?
2. I have heard you say this before but I’m not sure I understand it. What does it mean that Jesus was raised for our justification?
3. If God is not the author of sin, how do you understand Isaiah 45:7 which says, "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things”?
4. In Mark 12 when Jesus teaches that in heaven there won’t be marriage, that we will be like angles. This has always bothered me because I really like being married to my wife. How should I understand this? Does this mean that my wife won’t be my wife in heaven?
5. What is the difference between striving to live a holy life and works righteousness? When does morality become moralism?
6. In Isaiah 55 where it says, “Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food,” my question is this: How can we find more satisfaction in what God gives?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.