Episode 198 Show Notes
What Is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?
From the Show
Should Christians abstain from non-Christian music?
Music is such a powerful tool that God has given to us and, at least for me, more and more I'm convinced that we need to be very thoughtful about what we sing, especially in Christian worship, as well as what we sing throughout the week. I'm not saying don't listen to non-Christian music, I'm just saying, consider how what you listen to is shaping you. So, I think it depends on really what you're listening to and your conscience. — Adriel Sanchez
But there's a lot of Christian music that's also poorly performed, poorly produced, poorly written, and it has poor theology. So, you gotta exercise discernment there too. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I grew up hearing that God’s church is supposed to be holy, but in our culture today, the church doesn’t look holy and it seems to have fallen for much of the same controversies that I see in the world. What does the Bible have to say about this?
2. What do you think about listening to non-Christian music?
3. Is the baptism of the Holy Spirit something that happens sometime after becoming a believer?
4. How do we know that the 66 books in the Old and New Testament are the right books? Weren't the choice of those books politically motivated?
5. How can I discern the difference between a good choice and God’s perfect will for my life?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Episode 265 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions on Jesus being God, the Lord’s Supper, how to know if you have been born again, and about...