Episode 139 Show Notes
What Is the Kingdom of Heaven?
From the Show
What are the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven?
Some people think Jesus failed to bring his kingdom and instead gave us a church, but the better way of thinking is that God is revealed wherever His word is preached. His kingdom spreads wherever his gospel goes forth, wherever people are being baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and the Lord's Supper is being administered, wherever the church is disciplining its members, and caring for the sheep. Jesus, right now, reigns at the right hand of the Father as King over all creation, ruling his church in mercy and grace. While ruling the rest of the world through just and honorable civil authorities. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Can the devil read my mind?
2. What does the Bible means in John 12:32–33 where it says, “And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die”?
3. What does it mean that we are in the image of God?
4. What is our faith supposed to be in?
5. What does it mean to, "Conquer" in the book of Revelation?
6. Is the Kingdom of God a future reality, or is it present?
7. Is it okay to go to church even if your heart isn't in it?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.