Episode 279 Show Notes
From the Show
Jesus is God, “I and the Father are one.” If Jesus wasn’t claiming to be God, he could have easily cleared that misunderstanding up because it got him crucified, but Jesus’ view becomes clearer later in the Gospels after his resurrection when he can speak openly about his mission as he gives his disciples the great commission. All over the Gospels Jesus is assuming the role that only YHWH can have.
— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Where in the Bible does it teach that Jesus is God and not just the son of God?
2. Could you explain to us Hebrews 2.15? It doesn’t seem to me that in our unregenerate state we have a fear of death, perhaps physical death, but not separation from God. If you can just explain that a little bit, I would so much appreciate it
3. In John 7:38, when Jesus said, “Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” Is this about the Holy Spirit?
4. I just had a question about tithing. Is tithing for today?
5. WIn Mark 7:26-28, what did Jesus mean when he called the woman a dog? I’m not sure how these passages fit with Jesus’ usual compassion towards sinners.
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.