Episode 600 Show Notes
From the Show
I have been in those meetings where people are sharing their testimonies and some are one-upping each other and a lot of us don’t feel like we have those stories and it can be kind of discouraging. we can wonder, “am I really a new creation if I don’t have a cool testimony?” But don’t look inside. The question is, do you trust in Jesus?
Questions in this Episode
- 1. Why are the four beasts in Daniel’s dream different than what is explained in Revelation?
2. Since God is all-knowing, and since He also sent His Son for us, for whom or for what, precisely, is Jesus interceding?
3. If I had spiritual mentors who led me the wrong way, and told me to do things that were wrong, did I sin too? At the time I was very naive, and still am because I have Asperger Syndrome. But now I know it was wrong, and I wonder about verses like Mark 9:42 and Leviticus 5:17.
4. If the purpose of the cross was to redeem man and forgive sins, why do we see Jesus in the gospels forgiving people’s sins? Why did Jesus need to go to the cross at all if he could forgive sins on earth?
5. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins and was raised from the dead. My life is full of testimony, but I struggle with whether or not I have been made new. I do not have an awe-inspiring origin story of when I initially gave my life to Christ. I started to volunteer with youth, and I want to be positive and careful with what light I can shine.
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Ordinary: Sustainable Faith in a Radical, Restless World by Michael Horton