Episode 112 Show Notes
Why Would God Punish Children For Their Father's Sins?
From the Show
Why would God punish children for their father's sins?
There's a distinction between being guilty in Adam and being guilty in, you know, Grandpa George. What Ezekial is saying is the time is coming when the old covenant and its laws, which said that the sin comes upon the children to the third and fourth generation, that will be no more. In the new covenant, people will not be guilty for their grandparents and great-grandparents sins, they'll still be born in Adam, but they will not be guilty for the sins of Israel. That's a very important point that is Ezekial is making. In the last days, everyone is going to stand before the Lord's judgment, him or herself and give an account.… Israel, as a body, won't repent. In fact, God tells Ezekial, ‘I don't even want you to prophesy to them. It's over. We're done.’ But, now in the future, individuals within Israel can repent and believe, that's not off the table. But as a nation, Israel will be sold into slavery. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. In Matthew 28:18–20, the passage on the Great Commission, Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” I have heard a lot about how Jesus commands us to go into all the world but I haven’t heard much taught about what it means that Jesus is with us until the end of the age. What does this mean?
2. Why does Jesus call himself the Son of Man? Is it just a weird way of saying he is human? If so why don’t the Bible translators translate it as just ‘man’ or ‘human’?
3. Why does God punish children for the sins of their fathers in the Old Testament, even though he says he won’t in Ezekiel 18:4?
4. Every year, there are predictions of the end of the world, and so far they turned out to be false, but shouldn’t we be reading the signs of the times? Jesus could come back at any moment. How should we prepare?
5. Do backslidden Christians go to the white throne of judgment?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.