Episode 6 Show Notes
From the Show
That little bumper sticker or card that we have on the refrigerator, ‘God will never give you more than you can bear,’ take it off. Burn it. It’s not true! We have no promise at all in the Bible that God will never give us more than we can bear. What we do read? 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” There is a way of escape, namely, to Christ, and God is going to give you an opportunity to flee that temptation. But with the temptation, he is also going to give you the ability to endure it. There’s no promise that God will take away all of our trials and suffering in life. The promise we have is even though we go through the valley of the shadow of death, He is with us.
Questions in this Episode
1. In the Gospel of John where Jesus tells Nicodemus that you have to be born again to enter the kingdom of God, what did he mean? Is this just a metaphor?
2. When I was in college I was part of the Navigators and I feel like my faith was strongest during those years. Now, I am older and have been working for a few years, paying off school loans, and trying to regain the faith I once had. How can I renew my faith?
3. I have heard that “God will never give you more than you can bear.” I want to believe this but as a single mom struggling to raise teenage boys, it’s hard. I want to have greater faith. What can I do to trust God better in this area?
4. How do you see God working in the church today that surprises you?
5. What do you think people really misunderstand about grace?
Stop Making Excuses for Your Graceless Christianity
Hope When You Face More Than You Can Bear
When a Cussing Heroin Addict Shows Up at Church
How to Bring Gospel-Renewal to Your Church
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.