1. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by whatever feels right at the time, that by your feelings you may know God’s will—that which feels good to you and is acceptable (as of three minutes ago) and looks perfect.
What Paul actually said: Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
2. Finally, brothers, whatever is true for you, whatever is popular, whatever is trending, whatever is pleasurable, whenever you think you’re falling in love, whatever really famous people say, and if it’s something that will give you a higher status, think about such things and say them publicly on Facebook—like, all the time.
What Paul actually said: Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
3. I can win friends and influence people through him who strengthens me. I can gamble and win every time through him who strengthens me. I can fly through him who strengthens me. I can become super successful, rich, famous, influential, and all powerful through him who strengthens me.
What Paul actually said: Philippians 4:12-13
I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
4. What then? We can sin because we are not under law but under grace. Do whatever you want, you got this!
What Paul actually said: Romans 6:15
What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!
5. No temptation has overtaken you except that which is common to everyone. I mean really, who can withstand it anyway these days? God understands, and he will not judge you for trying really hard and promising not to do it again next time. It’s all about human effort, right?
What Paul actually said: 1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
6. Let your guard down and just relax a bit. Everything I’ve said is more like a guideline; just be young again and live a little. Let all that you do be done for you. You deserve it!
What Paul actually said: 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
Is baptism just a New Testament addition? How should we understand baptism in relation to the whole Bible?
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name...