Episode 427 Show Notes
Note: In today's show, we announced an upcoming change to our show. Read more about it here.
From the Show
We can’t pit the head against the heart in the Christian faith. God gets to our heart through our head, oftentimes. “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ,” Peter said, “to him be the glory both now and into the day of eternity amen” (2 Peter 3:18). But again, note what he says there, “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” I think it’s so important to us to continue to grow in the knowledge of the Lord. And how do we do that? We do that by studying the Word of God.
Questions in this Episode
1. I have been really struggling in my Christian walk. Friends have told me that it’s because I have focused too much on head knowledge and not enough on the heart. I thought I would ask you guys what you thought about head knowledge getting in the way of the heart and what I should be doing to improve my walk with God.
2. Acts 16:31 it says You shall be saved and your house. How does this translate to those in your family who aren’t believers?
3. I’m struggling to make sense of Luke 12:35–40. Is this about the wedding supper of the Lamb?
4. What is a good commentary or resource to use to help understand scripture? I find that when I read my Bible, I get a bit confused but I’m not sure where to go to get true, biblical clarifications.
5. I love the show and listen most days on my morning walk. Something I have heard you guys say in passing a couple of times is that when we are struggling with our sin, we need to fix our eyes on Christ. Can you explain this a little more?
How to Read the Bible for All It’s Worth by Gordon Fee
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.