Episode 73 Show Notes
Are There Levels of Reward and Punishment in Heaven or Hell?
From the Show
Can my prayers change God's mind?
Our prayers really do matter. God has determined to fulfill His purposes through them. [There’s] a huge mystery here, the mystery of our being time-bound and God being eternal; our being finite and God being infinite, omnipotent, omniscient and so forth. How can our prayers be means that God uses to fulfill purposes that he made before the world came into being? I have no idea. It's a mystery. God's eternity and our time. But it's enough to know that God tells us that he hears and answers our prayers. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. What is your advice about finding a Christian wife?
2. In 1 Tim. 4:1–3 it says that in later times some will depart from the faith. Do you think this is happening today and that this is evidence that we are living in the last days?
3. Are there different levels of reward and punishment in heaven or hell?
4. Can my prayers change God’s mind?
5. In Matthew 13, in the parable of the weeds, Jesus teaches that the wheat and the weeds will grow together and that we shouldn’t try to pull the weeds because we risk pulling out wheat too. Does this apply to the way we think about dealing with people who may not really be Christians?
6. Should ordinary Christians learn theology or is theology only for pastors?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.