Episode 361 Show Notes
From the Show
If you are praying silently to keep the devil from what’s going on in your life, I don’t think you need to place that burden on yourself. The majority of Christians have prayed or read the Bible out loud. In the days of the apostles, prayer was out loud most of the time, especially of course in the context of corporate worship. The main thing is that you are praying and pursuing the Lord. We are kept from the evil one because we are united to Jesus… I think you can cast yourself onto the Lord and know that he will protect you from the evil one.
Questions in this Episode
1. “Christ our righteousness,” I read this in the Bible many times. What does "Christ our righteousness" mean and how does it apply to us?
2. Many years ago a preacher said the devil cannot hear your thoughts only God can hear your thoughts. So, for most all of those years I pray silently so the devil can't hear my worries and concerns. Does the Bible say anything about the privacy of prayer with God?
3. What does it mean when you say that, “Jesus was raised for our justification”?
4. Is God the author of sin and evil?
5. Will I still be married to my wife when we’re in heaven?
Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God by Tim Keller
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.