Episode 704 Show Notes
From the Show
Paul’s prohibitions in 1st Timothy chapter 2 do not apply to counselors, Sunday school teachers, or CEOs, it is specifically focused on the ordained office of Edler and in particular the preaching office in the church.
Questions in this Episode
- I understand that it is preferable for the men to preach, but in my church no men are actually interested in speaking up. That is what I am wrestling with. What should I do?
- Who is the “Bright and Morning Star” referring to in the Bible?
- Can you explain a simplified idea of predestination vs. responsibility and our choice? I know that God is sovereign, but the Bible also says that ‘if you believe and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then you will be saved.’ Can you help clarify this?
- My friend is currently in seminary and our church hopes to partner with her once she is done with her studies to so that she can be a biblical counselor at the church. However, I recently heard an argument against this saying that women cannot counsel a man because of what Paul says in 1 Timothy 2. So, can women serve as biblical counselors in the church and counsel men, or is this unbiblical?
- It feels as if my family is under a curse. Misfortunes and countless other ailments continue to plague us, what should I do?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.