Episode 90 Show Notes
Did Adam and Eve Really Exist?
From the Show
Just go right to the very heart of what reincarnation is about. At its heart it is an explanation of or an answer to the question: “How can people who have guilt nevertheless be saved?" And the answer is by getting rid of that guilt themselves, by doing things that will outweigh the bad things they have done. That is in every religion, in every culture. That is the universal religion of our fallen heart. Christianity’s the only message you’ll ever hear in the whole world, in all of human history that stands up against the universal religious feeling of humanity, and says, “no, it is not by our undoing our guilt. It is not by our meriting a better life; It is about Christ purchasing salvation for us, freely, at the cost of his own life.”--Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. In John 15:19 Jesus says, “If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” Is Jesus is saying that being hated by people is a sign of being a true Christian?
2. How would you encourage a person who finds prayer to be hard?
3. How do we balance a desire for unity and a commitment to the Bible?
4. Did Adam and Eve exist or were they more of a myth just to illustrate a point?
5. Can Christians believe in reincarnation?
6. Why do Christians seem to care so much about morality if salvation is really by grace?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.