Episode 507 Show Notes
From the Show
When we talk about Christ’s saving work, it’s not that Jesus broke the law in order that we might be saved, it’s that he perfectly obeyed the law so that you and I, who fail to obey God’s law, might be saved.
If you are trusting in yourself to be justified before God’s judgment seat, you are in trouble. You can only trust in Jesus, in his work for you–that’s the only hope that we have.
Questions in this Episode
1. When Christ died on the cross was he in hell for 3 days?
2. Should we pray for healing to escape our suffering, or strength to endure it?
3. Did God write the law to save us? Did Jesus break the law when he healed on the sabbath, or his disciples when they plucked grain in the fields?
4. In the parable of the lamp in Luke 8:18, why does Jesus say to “give more” to “the one who has” and to “the one who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away”?
5. In Psalm 73 says, “Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.”Is God only good to those who are pure in heart? How can I ever find God’s goodness knowing that I still commit all kinds of sin?
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God by Tim Keller
Gospel of John (limited time)
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.