Episode 138 Show Notes
Did Peter Lose His Salvation When He Denied Christ?
From the Show
Did Peter lose his salvation when he denied Christ?
To be united to Christ is not just to be united visibly, outwardly, to the people of God. It is to be united inwardly, through faith. And we can't be broken off. Why? Because we're united to Christ. How can you say that any branch that is grafted into Christ, the life giving source, could fail to be living? And so that's why Paul says, “He who began a good work in you will complete it on the day of Jesus Christ.” Or Philippians 2:12 and 13, “Work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is he who is at work within you both to will and to do for his own good pleasure.” So, it's not just that once you sign a card, or pray a prayer, raise a hand, God stuck with you kind of a thing; it's in the contract. No, it's that once he redeems, calls, and unites you to Christ and begins to sanctify you, he's going to glorify you. He never fails to finish a job. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I talked with a Jehovah's Witness recently who said that God created Jesus in heaven as the very first creation. Is this true?
2. Ephesians 1:10 promises that God will “unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.” How does this fit with hell?
3. My wife and I have tried to do family devotions with our kids. They are two and 3 and a half. We tried to read a Bible passage and pray but so far it hasn’t been too successful since they are easily distracted and want to play. Are we doing this wrong? What should we be doing at this age with our kids?
4. In Colossians 1:24 Paul says that his suffering "is filling up what is lacking in Christ's affliction." What does this mean?
5. Did Peter lose his salvation when he denied Christ?
6. How is being “in Christ” different from New Age spirituality?
7. How should we as Christians deal with stubborn sin in our lives?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez tackle two difficult passages about whether someone can lose their salvation.
Episode 140 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions on Christ's physical body, living in the world but not of the world, and God's...